Palfish allows you to download the app at either the Google play or Apple Store or you can scan the QR code below to install on your device.
Another teach-as-you-go style app, is relatively easy to hook up with students but things have changed since 2018. Then it is understood you used to get paid 200 ¥ if if you sold a package to a trial student. Later that was reduced to 100 ¥ and now it stands at 0 yuan in exchange for 40 points!
You do get compensated for reaching level 1 – 55 ¥, but structure of being allocated hours seems somewhat skewed. In the past teachers were dropped from Palfish for not selling packages. This practice now appears to have been removed.
Note: When completing the Palfish teacher application through the app, ensure you make zero mistake + when they record your audio, be crisp, clear and calm with your sentences. Based in China, native speakers take precedence – Uk, USA or Canada, South Africans have reported discrimination when it comes to taking one of their official kids courses. This is how they will judge you.
- Very easy to use
- Pay is actually pretty good for online
- Make your own hours
- Platform is easy to use
- Good courseware
- Great support, mentors and admins are outstanding
- Over-saturated during early pandemic
- Beijing hours only
- Pay scale/incentives keep changing
- Strict absence policy
- Not sympathetic to tough situations
- Classrooms have audio problems
- Difficulty transferring money to Payoneer
- Palfish should provide translation in other languages on their device